- Monitor research trends in the industry as well as “Best Practices”, pursue and adopt these as appropriate for assigned commodity areas
- Solicits bids, leads auctions, negotiates with suppliers, makes recommendations, qualifies and contracts with new vendor
- Manage internal customer relationships by leading cross functional sub-category teams, developing deep category knowledge and aggressively track and improve non-compliance with preferred suppliers
- Should have handled a team of min 10 – 15 members.
- Maintain good level of public relations with outside suppliers as well as a strong partnership with internal stakeholders
- Manage and optimize functional sourcing support activities while ensuring adherence to client’s corporate standards.
- Draft and/or evaluate scorecards. Conduct complex supplier’s performance validation events and drive improvement initiatives.
- Conduct complex/adhoc supplier profiling and financial risk assessment. Should be able to do industry benchmarking and market intelligence reports independently.
- Knowledge of project management and sourcing
- Financial analysis and quantitative skills
- Business acumen: Understanding how markets work
- Change management skills: Effective influencer who can make persuasive arguments
- Negotiation skills includes building eAuction strategies
- Excellent communication – written and verbal
- Familiarity with Microsoft office suites, Outlook, ERP/ P2P systems knowledge(RQ)
Why Join us?
GEP is different. It’s a place where individuality is prized and talent respected. We don’t spout jargon, but remain focused on what is real and effective. We are a meritocracy where good ideas and great people get noticed, results matter, and ability and hard work drive achievements.
We recognize people who make a genuine difference by rewarding them well. We’re also a learning organization, actively looking for people to help shape, grow and continually improve us.
Are you one of them?