Procurement’s role is evolving rapidly from a tactical team focused on cost reduction to a strategic entity driving enterprise-wide value. Enterprises worldwide are asking their procurement teams to play a larger and more strategic role in the overall corporate growth and deliver sustainable business results.
To meet these new expectations, procurement organizations must transform their legacy processes, practices and structures, and align them with the current needs of the enterprise.
GEP adopts a holistic approach toward procurement transformation that focuses on building a high-performance procurement organization in the shortest period of time.
Like any transformation program, the real challenge is in the implementation. Organizations often follow the path of building detailed transformation roadmaps and implementation plans, many times using outside expertise, but fail to realize the benefits in the real world. We differentiate ourselves by supporting our clients throughout the transformation journey. In our engagements, we typically run a parallel track of strategic sourcing to help our clients deliver lasting financial results while they build internal capabilities.
Take Your Procurement Team to the Next Level
To build organization capabilities, we focus on the three key aspects of a procurement organization: strategy, people and process & tools :
- Developing organization-wide procurement strategy aligned to business goals
- Implementing a strategic sourcing roadmap for significant savings in the short term while achieving corporate goals
- Developing category specific strategies for ongoing category management
- Assessing existing organizational effectiveness and competencies
- Designing the right organization structure aligned with the business
- Skill enhancement program including training, recruitment and succession plan
- Implementing a robust governance and performance management framework including metrics and scorecards
- Leading the change management program
Processes and Tools
- Implementing a procurement support infrastructure – acquiring resources and tools
- Assessing and improving processes and policies for all source-to-pay functions
- Reviewing technology requirements and implementing best-fit solutions
Our procurement transformation engagements are led by seasoned procurement experts and supported by a world-class infrastructure comprising our sophisticated methodologies, cloud-based procurement software, a rich knowledge base of best-practices, benchmarks and analytical tools and templates, market intelligence capabilities and global reach.
- Procurement Strategy
At GEP, we believe in aiming for procurement excellence. So it's not about being better, it's about being best-in-class. We'll help you develop an organization-wide procurement strategy – aligned to your business goals – that's engineered for success. Read More
- Organization Design and Implementation
Market-leading companies worldwide trust GEP to provide them unbiased advice on their procurement capabilities and design an organization that is custom-built for success in the long run. Read More