An advanced analysis of historic spend data is the backbone of any strategic sourcing solution. Apart from spend analysis, GEP conducts a thorough review of existing sourcing processes to present an ”as is to ideal” road map. This is made possible through relevant inputs from all the business stakeholders.
Procurement teams, higher management and suppliers are actively engaged to draw a detailed long-term savings road map. This is generally followed by identification of categories, with a potential savings and supply market analysis.
University of Michigan is a large, decentralized organization ... GEP is helping Michigan be successful by diagnosing our spending patterns and working with us to develop new business processes and practices that will save millions of dollars that can be channeled back to our core missions.
– Sr. Finance Lead, University of Michigan
Comprehensive Opportunity Assessment
GEP’s procurement specialists deliver programs configured to your unique needs.
Years of hands-on experience translate into comprehensive services, including:
- Analysis of category data by supplier, business unit, sub-categories, diversity spend, number of purchase orders
- Identification of synergies between different BUs/companies and opportunity for supplier rationalization
- Identification, quantification and prioritization of opportunities, based on potential savings, category complexity, ease of implementation and other change management factors
- Development of a sourcing and procurement transformation road map, resource estimation, timelines for sourcing execution and savings cash flow