Today’s high tech industry are grappling with a range of supply chain challenges.
Disrupted supplier networks. Longer lead times and lack of supply surety from Asia. The need for more efficiency and globally coordinated operations.
Given shorter product lifecycles, consumer electronics companies face more complexity in product and service, shorter product lifecycles and proliferation and more types of spares. The search for cost-competitive suppliers is also a constant, given falling margins.
Consumer durables makers meanwhile are balancing two supply chains simultaneously — local suppliers for bulky components and sub-assemblies in low-cost geographies for less bulky parts.
In the telecom and networking equipment market, companies worry about IP protection when selecting the right partner. This often leads to sub-optimal supplier choices, given the investments for infrastructure creation, reducing resilience in supply chains.
High tech companies need an aligned and optimized supply chain strategy and operating model to meet new customer and supplier requirements. And that’s why leading high tech manufacturers turn to GEP, because tackling these challenges requires true expertise to:
- Add better supply chain capabilities to manage innovation and new product introduction
- Enhance contract manufacturing capabilities — from contractor qualification, visibility to performance management
- Strategically configure manufacturing network like the placement of factories and warehouses
- Build end-to-end value chain planning (for suppliers, contractors, and customers) and advanced inventory optimization capability
- Add advanced forecasting capabilities integrated with a S&OP program to improve demand planning, especially for new products
- Increase retail operations capabilities like omnichannel returns, inventory management, in-store product support, and order management
- Improve capabilities in spares management, device repair, warranty administration and returns processing
As a trusted partner of global high tech manufacturers, GEP provides end-to-end assessment tools and strategic frameworks to identify gaps and value to develop a supply chain strategy and operating model.
Our suite of analytics helps clients develop business cases and quantify opportunities. We develop end-to-end business architectures for key supply chain capabilities such as planning, forecasting, order management, production, logistics, warehousing and post-sales services.
Clients choose us for our deep experience in driving excellence in production operations and contract manufacturing, auditing key supply chain capabilities and provisioning the supply chain for rapid new product introductions.
GEP’s solution offerings for the high tech industry
Our supply chain experts have worked extensively in the high tech space — with OEMs and carriers and on the aftermarket and the services side. Our wide footprint in sourcing and procurement gives us a deep understanding of high tech.
We have established market offerings designed to transform high tech supply chains help restructure supply chains and build resilience. We offer:
- Supply chain network optimization
- Supply chain digitization of key capabilities
- Integrated planning – S&OP and IBP
- Demand and supply planning
- Inventory planning and optimization
- Warehousing and transportation
- Supply chain risk management
- Supply chain technology assessment and roadmap
- Aftermarket and services optimization
Our track record
- Identified opportunity to gain $13 million-$20 million in annualized benefits for a global CDN company by providing supply chain assessment, supply chain network design and supply chain technology evaluation and selection.
- Created global sourcing support, contract and tail-spend management program for a leading semiconductor manufacturer, delivering up to 11% savings on addressable spend, with projects executed for spend worth more than $500 million and drove technology adoption on new system.