What separates market-leading companies from the rest is their ability to not just read current market trends but also foresee the future and plan for it. Forecasting drives all of the strategic and planning decisions in a supply chain. GEP helps scores of Fortune 500 and Global 2000 clients make key business decisions through timely and accurate supply chain forecasting. Our experts identify future trends through a comprehensive analysis of customer demand patterns and geographic and microeconomic factors — using state-of-the-art forecasting tools and algorithms — to make your supply chain more agile, provide enough lead time to prevent stock-outs, optimize inventory costs, and maintain a healthy bottom line.
- GEP’s approach aligns all cross-functional strategic, tactical and operational activities to link corporate strategy with execution, enabling truly integrated business planning
- GEP’s approach integrates and reconciles three key functions and their data: sales/marketing, finance and operations
- GEP uses a workshop- and pilot-driven approach to rapidly stand-up key features for testing and acceptance by the organization, such as demand planning and scenario analysis
- Digital tools, such as a multi-dimensional forecast, are used to synchronize data sets: sales forecast, operations forecast and financial plan/budget
- GEP’s business architecture contains critical components — process, organization, metrics, analytics and technology — to deploy a tailored approach for our clients
GEP’s supply chain solution offerings
We can help you utilize the latest artificial intelligence/machine learning advances to make a step change in forecasting performance. With these advances, you will be able to achieve downstream efficiencies in operations through enhanced synergies and collaboration with the supplier eco-system. GEP also offers managed services for efficiency and continuous improvement.
Our key offerings in this area include:
- Managed planning services
- Demand-driven supply chain strategy
- Integrated business planning/sales and operations planning
- Demand forecasting
- Supply planning
- Sense and respond solutions
Count on GEP
Procurement and supply chain operations change constantly—and quickly. To keep up with this transformation, here are some best practices:
- Align inventory with customer demand
- Improve inventory turns
- Reduce unnecessary storage and handling requirements
- Increase sales by eliminating stock-outs
- Eliminate excess and obsolete inventory
- Improve customer service levels
- Reduce the need to expedite production and transportation
We leverage big data to move beyond micro forecasting and develop enterprise-wide predictive analytics so you can see the bigger picture.
And we don’t just stop at forecasting. GEP develops effective, result-oriented plans, based on hard data, to help you respond to increased demand volatility, have greater visibility into the supply chain, identify risks, and react quickly to unexpected supply chain events.
At GEP, we understand that there isn’t a one-size-fits-all approach for forecasting. We use various forecasting methods such as qualitative, quantitative, time series and regression — whichever best applies to your specific business needs — to ensure that you get more accurate and reliable forecasts.
What You Gain
- Higher earnings accuracy
- Competitive strategy executed at all operational levels
- Increased order fill rates and lead times
- Decreased active inventory
- Improved forecast accuracy
- Reduced “cost of chaos”