Procurement’s role is evolving rapidly; the tactical team focused on cost reduction has been recast as a strategic entity driving enterprise-wide value. Enterprises worldwide are asking their procurement teams to play a larger and more strategic part in overall corporate growth and deliver sustainable business results. To be able to meet these new expectations, procurement organizations must transform their legacy processes, practices and structures, and align them with the current needs of the enterprise.
As with any transformation program, the real challenge is in the implementation. Organizations often follow the path of building detailed transformation road maps and implementation plans, many times using outside expertise, but fail to realize the benefits in the real world.
Within Prudential, the procurement transformation program is a big success. We actually delivered the majority of the program within 13 months with GEP.
– Richard Powell, Director of Procurement and Supply Chain, Prudential
GEP adopts a holistic approach toward procurement transformation that focuses on building a high-performance procurement organization in the shortest period of time.
We differentiate ourselves by supporting our clients throughout the transformation journey. In our engagements, we typically run a parallel track of strategic sourcing to help our clients deliver lasting financial results while they build internal capabilities.
End-to-End Transformation Solutions
Our procurement transformation engagements are led by seasoned procurement experts and supported by a world-class infrastructure comprising our sophisticated methodologies; cloud-native procurement software; a rich knowledge base of best practices, benchmarks, and analytical tools and templates; market intelligence capabilities; and global reach.
GEP is a thought leader in procurement transformation. We have the people, the skills and the technology necessary to take your procurement team to the next level. We'll not just align you with your goals, rather we'll go with you that extra mile to see you achieve your goals — just as planned.
Processes and Tools
- Developing an organization-wide procurement strategy aligned to business goals
- Implementing a strategic sourcing road map for significant savings in the short term while achieving corporate goals
- Developing category-specific strategies for ongoing category management
- Creating an assessment framework
- Assessing existing organizational effectiveness and competencies
- Designing the right organization structure aligned with the business
- Implementing a robust governance and performance management framework including metrics and scorecards
- Leading the change management program
Processes and Tools
- Implementing a procurement support infrastructure — acquiring resources and tools
- Assessing and improving processes and policies for all source-to-pay functions
- Reviewing technology requirements and implementing best-fit solutions