- Recognizes GEP’s ability to significantly improve the performance of global Fortune 100 company by transforming its supply chain
Clark, N.J., June 24, 2021 — GEP, a leading provider of supply chain software and services to Fortune 500 and Global 2000 enterprises worldwide, announced that Supply & Demand Chain Executive, the only publication covering the entire global supply chain, selected GEP as a recipient of the 2021 Top Supply Chain Projects Award for the transformation of the supply chain and procurement operations of one of the world’s largest oil and gas companies.
GEP received the top honor for replacing the Fortune 100 company’s on-premise software and numerous standalone tools — which were used for more than a decade — with GEP’s AI-powered cloud-based software solutions to improve operational efficiency, collaboration, standardization across businesses and geographies, finances, and governance.
By digitalizing the client’s entire procurement operation with GEP SMART™, the industry’s leading cloud-native source-to-pay platform, GEP established real-time transactability for all users of the client’s organization, delivering a single tool for all its procurement and supplier collaboration activities that standardized processes, provided end-to-end visibility, increased contract compliance and developed a strong data governance system. Accomplishments included:
- GEP SMART streamlined the order-to-pay process so the client’s discrete business units, encompassing exploration, production, refining, chemicals and marketing, could make better spend decisions through automation and supplier collaboration, delivering higher savings.
- GEP NEXXE™, the next-generation supply chain platform’s warehouse solution, enabled mobile-based transactions for warehouse operators, improving operational efficiency by 30%-40% and reducing inventory and storage costs.
- The GEP NEXXE Field Services solution enabled field-based users, including suppliers and clients, to stay off roads and away from computer terminals, digitizing an otherwise paper-driven and manual process — speeding up the payment process for suppliers and capturing savings.
- In less than 2 years, GEP SOFTWARE™ has been deployed in 16 business units and corporate functions, and all go-lives have had zero critical defects.
About Supply & Demand Chain Executive’s ‘Top Supply Chain Projects’
The Top Supply Chain Projects (formerly known as SDCE 100) spotlights successful and innovative transformation projects that deliver bottom-line value to small, medium and large enterprises across a range of supply chain functions. These projects show how supply chain solution and service providers help their customers and clients achieve supply chain excellence and prepare their supply chains for success. Supply & Demand Chain Executive is the only supply chain publication covering the entire global supply chain, focusing on trucking, warehousing, packaging, procurement, risk management, professional development and more. Go to www.sdcexec.com to view the full list of all 2021 Top Supply Chain Projects winners.
About GEP SOFTWARE
GEP SOFTWARE™ provides award-winning digital procurement and supply chain platforms that help global enterprises become more agile, resilient, competitive and profitable.
With beautifully rendered interfaces and flexible workflows, GEP® provides users fresh, intuitive digital workspaces that yield extraordinary levels of user adoption and meaningful gains in team and personal productivity.
GEP products capitalize on machine learning and cognitive computing, advanced data and semantic technologies, IoT, mobile and cloud technologies, and are designed to incorporate continual innovations in technology.
GEP’s software integrates quickly and easily with third-party and legacy systems, such as SAP, Oracle and all other major ERP and F&A software. And with superb support and service, GEP is an industry leader in customer satisfaction and loyalty.
A leader in multiple Gartner Magic Quadrants, GEP’s cloud-native software and digital business platforms consistently win awards and recognition from industry analysts, research firms and media outlets, including Gartner, Forrester, IDC, Procurement Leaders and Spend Matters.
GEP SOFTWARE is part of Clark, NJ-based GEP — the world’s leading provider of procurement and supply chain strategy, software and managed services. To learn more, visit www.gepsoftware.com.
Director, Public Relations
Phone: +1 732-382-6565