When it comes to optimizing inventory management, the questions are many: What is the right level of inventory? At what point in the supply chain? How do I know what is optimal? Are we prepared for seasonal shifts?
Enterprises that follow a conventional single-stage, single-item inventory optimization model that looks at each SKU and stock location will be out of step — and perhaps out of luck — in today’s global, interconnected business operations. The result: frequent stock outs, overstock, unhappy customers and blocked working capital.
GEP helps Fortune 500 and Global 2000 enterprises worldwide improve their inventory management capabilities, and create more responsive, more efficient supply chains. GEP can quickly assess your current inventory situation and devise a plan to simultaneously increase product availability and service levels while reducing investment in working capital.
Inventory Optimization with GEP:
- Multi-echelon inventory optimization
- Cost-effective postponement strategies
- SKU rationalization
- Optimization of all inventory components, including cycle stock, safety stock, raw material, work-in-process, and finished goods
- Strategic use of Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI)
- Enhanced supplier intelligence for precise inventory planning and zero out-of-stock situations
- Demand forecasting and planning
- Development of Just-in-Time (JIT) strategies
Our experts can devise an improvement plan to reduce working capital and increase inventory velocity. We’ll help you capture every available demand opportunity while optimizing the use of cash to fund operations. Remember, having the right products readily available is critical to capturing demand while keeping inventories low. When items are ready “just in time,” they aren't sitting idle and taking up space, costing money and, possibly, becoming obsolete.
GEP’s Multi-Echelon Inventory Optimization approach is designed to meet demands of the most dynamic and complex global supply chains, striking the right balance between inventory costs and customer service levels. Our team’s core analytical skills are combined with inventory data from existing clients to help establish benchmarks and best-of-breed assessments.
After a comprehensive assessment of your current inventory management processes and business requirements, GEP’s management consultants help optimize every component of your inventory operations, including cycle stock, safety stock, raw material, work-in-process, and finished goods. At the end of the day, you will have optimal inventory levels across all locations, for all products, throughout the supply chain.
What’s the impact?
- Reduced working capital to maintain desired service levels
- Optimized inventory and replenishment policies by SKU
- Increased inventory turns
- Improved or maintained service levels, fill rate and other metrics
- Reduced distribution and procurement expenses