Direct material procurement spends are "high stakes" as they critically affect supply chains, customer sales, and ultimately, the top and bottom lines. And in today’s highly dynamic, globalized supply chains, managing direct spend more effectively is not just a business priority, but also a means to gain strategic competitive advantage.
As a global leader in procurement and supply chain solutions, GEP helps Fortune 500 and Global 2000 enterprises across more than 30 industries create more value from their direct materials spend. GEP manages more than $125 billion of procurement spend for market-leading enterprises across the world, including Asia, Europe, and the Americas.
Extensive Expertise in Direct Materials Procurement
GEP has deep understanding of sourcing and procurement of a wide range of direct material categories, including chemicals, metals, plastics, food ingredients, coal, energy, textiles, electronics, sub-components, and finished goods. We have hundreds of in-house direct materials category experts across all major industries and supply markets, benchmarks, best practices, contract templates, understanding of negotiation levers, and local and global market intelligence to help large global enterprises optimize their direct materials spend.
End-to-End Direct Materials Procurement Solutions
GEP provides the most comprehensive range of strategic and managed services for direct materials sourcing and procurement in the industry, along with its own cloud-native, unified source-to-pay platform — SMART by GEP.
- Planning & Forecasting
- Spend Analysis
- Opportunity Assessment
- Strategic Sourcing
- Category Management
- Sourcing Support
- Transactions Management
- Bill of Materials (BOM) Management
- Contract Management
- Sourcing Process Management
- Inventory Management
- Logistics Management
- Tracking & Compliance
Why Choose Direct Materials Procurement Services From GEP?
GEP has the infrastructure — people, processes, technology, experience and expertise — required to help you minimize risk and maximize value from your spend on direct materials procurement.
- More than 200 category experts and sourcing consultants on staff
- Dedicated market intelligence and analytics teams
- Cloud-native, unified source-to-pay procurement platform — SMART by GEP
- State-of-the-art analytical reporting and tools
- A rapidly expanding database of more than 35 million global suppliers
- A repository of best-practice methodologies, processes and specialized templates
- Local teams in major markets across Europe, Asia and the Americas